Tuesday 27 March 2012

Frederiksberg

Every Wednesday I partake in something I like to call "cultural Wednesdays." Cultural Wednesdays was formed after various discussions with friends about how we'd been in Copenhagen for a couple months but hadn't really seen much of it.

So for about a month now, a friend and I have met up every Wednesday to explore different parts of the city. Whether it be a trip to a museum, or a park, after every excursion I feel like I have gotten to know Copenhagen better and I fall in love with it even more.

This past week I visited a beautiful park beloved by locals and tourists alike. This park is also the site of a larger pacifier tree than the one in the park behind the Statens Museum for Kunst. Frederiksberg park is situated on the edge of Copenhagen which gives it a rural feel and provides an escape from the busyness of downtown. I know that Frederiksberg will be a favourite place of mine to relax on a sunny day with a good book, good food and good company. Nevertheless, it's nice to know that the busyness of downtown will still be there when I crave some excitement.


{setting sun through the branches}
{swampy area}
{dogs can run free!}



{so much green}

{my friend Lucy and a birdy}

{reflections in the river}

{strange trees and people out lounging}

{such a colourful duck!}

{a daisy. A flower that I love and the symbol of Danish women}

{spotted: a rooster strolling in the park}

{sunrays shine on a duck couple sitting by the pond}

{duck couple}

{blossoms on the tree}


And then I came across the original pacifier tree. I couldn't get over how many pacifiers and heart-felt notes were dangling from its branches!

{strands and strands}

{ribbons and bags}

{bunches}

{this roughly translates to: " I have become a big girl and do not use my dummies. You will take care of my dummies. Hugs, Filucca 2 1/2 years}

{strands and strands and strands}

{danglin'}

No comments:

Post a Comment