Thursday 12 January 2012

5 Things

Life in Copenhagen moves at a much faster pace than life at home.


I have been in Copenhagen for about a week now and so much has happened already!




The following are 5 things that have happened since my last post


1. All moved-in!


After a lot of frustration, locked doors and wrong turns, I finally got the key to my student residence Keops! I am now moved in and am faced with organizing 6 months worth of things into a tiny space. My room in Keops is on the first floor and is a private room with a kitchenette, tiny washroom, and even a Juliet balcony! There are 9 floors in total in Keops which are mostly occupied by the Danes (who tend to keep to themselves.) Out of the two Keops building there are about 75 rooms that are given to international students such as myself. It is a very quiet building but I am hoping that that will change this weekend! 




My lovely home for the next 6 months! (My building is the closest one to me in the picture).


2. International Night

Last night I went to my friend Lauren's (from the U.S) shared student apartment to go with her and her apartment mates to the University of Copenhagen's International Night! International Night is located in "Studenthurset" (also called the international cafe) located in downtown Copenhagen. It is the only central meeting place for International students at the University of Copenhagen. It was a lot of fun - I made some new friends and got to know "older" friends better. A lot of people from my Danish language class were there, it was so nice to see them outside the classroom. Needless to say, I definitely know where I will be every Wednesday night!

3. On my own

As I have mentioned in my previous posts, my Dad come down to Copenhagen with me to help me get settled. He left Wednesday afternoon for his flight to Canada. I really appreciated his help and will miss him. 

4. Euro Cell

I never thought I'd say this but: I am now the proud owner of a pawned cell phone! Dad and I found a cheap(ish) cell phone at a store by the hotel that we stayed in. I am pretty sure it was stolen and then pawned because it still has the previous owner's information on it! I know way too much about her life: I can see her text messages (in Danish) as well as her pictures. I also received a very entertaining reminder that she had sent herself, which made my friend Anna (from Finland) and I burst out laughing in the middle of Danish class!

5. Getting Adjusted 

I am slowly starting to adjust to my Copenhagen life. Things are way different here than they are back home. Firstly, I have never lived in a metropolitan city and am still getting used to fast pace of city life. But I find city life very exciting - there is always something to do and people to do it with!


I know this post definitely lacked pictures, but I can promise that there will be an overload of pictures very shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment